Sometimes following any of the above treatments, a contra-action or healing crisis can occur. All experiences are unique to each individual and will vary from person to person. You may not experience anything afterwards at all and this is not uncommon.
Any reactions are temporary and are usually as a result of toxins being released by the body in response to the stimulation of blood, lymph and energy around the body’s organs and systems. It is important to allow the natural healing mechanism of your body to work. Listen to your body and its needs.
What may happen after your treatment?
- You may feel more energetic.
- Due to release of blocks in the energetic pathways, tension is released and a feeling of relaxation ensues.
- You may feel emotional and sometimes tearful. This is a normal reaction and is a release of tension.
- You may feel tired and lethargic. This is the effect of the bodies own natural healing process and once this has passed you should feel more energetic.
- There may be an increase in urination, nasal secretions, bulk, volume and frequency of stools.
- Pain and discomfort such as muscle ache or headache should be temporary. Toothache is indicative of tooth decay and gum disease.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins.
- Rest and relax.
- Eat a light diet to help conserve energy for the healing process. (Heavy meals take more energy to digest).
- Tea, coffee and any other drinks containing stimulants such as caffeine.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol for at least 24 hours as this will re-introduce toxins into the body.
- Avoid strenuous exercise immediately after treatment. Allow the body to rest and fully relax to gain the maximum benefit.